Want to provide your soccer players an experience that they will talk about for the entire season? Combine your high school aged team with one of the opposite gender (potentially forming two teams), and watch the teenage magic unfurl. It promises to be the one tournament players, coaches, and parents will remember the most from the summer!
"Fun experience for all!!! Seeing the player's, boys and girls, working together and competing was a success on the pitch. An experience player's enjoyed and would like to continue year round." Todd Kjelden, Coach Summer Slam Coed Team Forgundy
Special HS Coed division rules:
- A minimum of 5 female players must be on the field
- Female goals count as 2 points (referees make the determination if the goal was scored by a female)
- Rosters can carry 24 players, only 18 can participate in each game
- Macho rule will be enforced
- The intent of this rule is to protect female players from uncontrolled and unreasonably aggressive play by male players. If the referee feels that a male player, in the reasonable belief of a female player, intimidates or threatens a female player, on his team or the opposing team, through aggressive or forceful play, a foul may be called and a direct free kick awarded, and if warranted, a caution or send-off card may be issued. This includes:
- High/Hard Kicks: Any kick (or goalkeeper throw) taken with excessive force in the direction of a female player, and which rises above waist level in relation to that player. The ball need not make contact with the player in question for a foul to be called.
- Physical or Verbal Intimidation: Any attempt to take advantage of gender differences through physical or verbal intimidation.