adidas Clash at the Border
Presented by Summit Mortgage Corporation
June 22-24, 2018
The 2018 adidas Clash at the Border soccer tournament brings together top level premier, select, classic, and travel teams from Washington, Oregon, Alaska, California, Idaho, Hawaii, Texas, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, Montana, Minnesota, Canada, and more for a weekend of competitive soccer on brilliant fields truly on the border. Games will be played in Camas/Vancouver Washington and Delta Park in Portland Oregon.
clubs that have applied for 2018
|Eclipse Soccer Club||Fairbanks||Alaska|
|Cook Inlet Soccer Club||Anchorage||Alaska|
|Alum Rock YSL||San Jose||Cal North|
|Elk Grove Soccer||Elk Grove||Cal North|
|Folsom Lake Earthquakes||Folsom||Cal North|
|Global Premier Soccer CA||Sacramento||Cal North|
|Manteca Futbol Club||Tracy||Cal North|
|North State Soccer||Redding||Cal North|
|Pumas UNAM Fresno||Fresno||Cal North|
|San Jose Earthquakes PDA||San Jose||Cal North|
|San Mateo County Earthquakes||San Mateo||Cal North|
|Tottenham Hotspur East Bay||El Cerrito||Cal North|
|LA Galaxy San Diego||San Diego||Cal South|
|Riverside MGFM||Riverside||Cal South|
|Sand & Surf Soccer Club||Manhattan Beach||Cal South|
|Coquitlam Metro-Ford SC||Coquitlam||Canada|
|Hells Canyon FC||Lewiston||Idaho|
|Soccer Xpress SC||Boise||Idaho|
|North Metro Soccer Club||Minneapolis||Minnesota|
|Capital Timbers FC||Salem||Oregon|
|Crossfire Oregon||Lake Oswego||Oregon|
|Eastside Timbers FC||Gresham||Oregon|
|Eugene Timbers FC||Eugene||Oregon|
|Portland City United||Portland||Oregon|
|Tualatin Hills United SC||Tigard||Oregon|
|Woodburn Athletic Futbol Club||Woodburn||Oregon|
|Breakers FC||Spokane Valley||Washington|
|Eastern Washington Surf||Spokane||Washington|
|North Kitsap Soccer Club||Poulsbo||Washington|
|Rainier Soccer Alliance||Puyallup||Washington|
|South Tacoma United||Tacoma||Washington|
|Spokane Foxes FC||Spokane||Washington|
|Three Rivers Soccer Club||Pasco||Washington|
|Washington East SC||Spokane||Washington|
|Washington Timbers FC||Vancouver||Washington|
320+ Teams Participate each year
Don’t miss this sensational international tournament. The adidas Clash at the Border tournament is popular and is always a great prelude to the fall season due to the quality of participating teams.
- Teams will be grouped according to level of play to assure balanced competition.
- Flexible scheduling. We do our best to accommodate all special requests; coaches with two teams, late starts, etc.
- Individual awards for 1st and 2nd place teams.
- Championship teams get a laser engraved log slice
- Tax free shopping in Oregon
- Four game guarantee
- GotSoccer online tournament scheduling system with the majority of the results posted online within 10 minutes of game completion.
Questions, please contact Tournament Director, Jay Chester, at
adidas Clash at the Border is an unrestricted tournament. Teams registered and in good standing with any U.S. Soccer Federation affiliate are eligible to apply. The tournament is also internationally sanctioned and accepts teams from Canada.
|U9 - U10||(7v7)||$550|
|U11 - U12||(9v9)||$750|
|U13 - U19||(11v11)||$850|
- Registration closes June 7, 2018, 11:59pm.
- Registrations after May 25 will incur a $25 late registration fee and must be paid in full by either a credit card or electronic check at time of registration.
- Refund: Prior to May 25, 2018, a 100% refund (minus $25 service fee). After May 25, 2018, a 50% refund (minus $25 service fee). After June 7, 2018 no refund.
If you have any trouble with your GotSoccer account including username and password please contact GotSoccer Tech Support at 1-904-746-4446
Weekend Parking Pass required for Harmony Sports Complex
$10 per vehicle pass is good for all three days
Coaching Seminar Presented by Nick Carlin-Voigt, University of Portland Men’s Soccer
Coaching Seminar Presented by Nick Carlin-Voigt, Head Coach University of Portland Men’s Soccer
- Leadership, Building a Sustainable Culture within your Program/Club
Coach Carlin-Voigt took over the historic UP program in 2016 and immediately made it a top team in the West Coast Conference. Their 2018 recruiting class is ranked #3 in the nation. Carlin-Voigt focuses on bringing in players who will buy in to the “team first” culture he demands.
An avid learner and student of the game, Carlin-Voigt has studied leadership development and coaching methods at professional clubs such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Fulham and Santos. He also observed the U.S. National Team's preparations during the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
During this seminar coaches will hear from Coach Carlin-Voigt on his Club & Coaching Philosophy and Training and Playing Philosophy. Seminar includes classroom session from 11am-12:30pm followed by field session 1-2pm. Field session will be 100% focused on developing technical players and position play in regards to “dominant total football” philosophy on the teachings at Barcelona.
$100 fee to attend (Click here to register)
- We love this tournament. Keep up the good work! (Boys U15)
- The scheduling was great and having multiple age group award winners (bronze/copper, gold/silver, etc.) ensures more players play meaningful and competitive games. (Boys High School)
- Your bracketing is the best...4 games guaranteed is not common and is superb! Game times were well-thought as well. (Boys High School)
- We had a positive experience even though we did not win a game. (Boys High School)
- Harmony was awesome! (Girls High School)
- Schedules were out with enough advance notice games were kept on time (Boys U16)
- Fast score reporting and web updates (Boys U15)
- Nice spacing between games. we did not feel rushed to leave the field (Girls U9)
- The atmosphere was wonderful. (Girls U11)
- Overall layout and structure of the brackets and tourney is very well-done; all coaches were impressed. Great overall tournament (Boys U15)
- Tournament Director was so responsive and timely in all his communications. As a new manager to a new team and our first tournament he really helped the process go smoothly. (Boys U10)
- The scores were posted almost immediately after the game was finished, which was AWESOME! My team put in a request for game times, and you were very accommodating, so thank you. Also, I appreciated that while the games were on different fields, teams didn't usually have to change locations during one particular day. (Girls U14)
- The awards were amazing. Best i’ve seen! (Girls U11)
- As always, Delta Park was well maintained. The porta potties were clean and well stocked and well spaced throughout the venue so we didn't have to travel to far to get to one (Girls U14)
- Loved the check in process and how well run the tournament is. The fact that the schedule was not changed a million times was amazing. (Boys U13)
- Scheduling was awesome! Our teams had ample time to be content with the 90+ degree heat each day with appropriately spaced game times. Bravo to the scheduler! (Girls High School)